Working with Waveforms
In the modern world, all programs are required to meet exacting technical standards and with modern technology it has become much easier for the buyer to enforce these standards. In this one-day seminar, you will get up to date with modern waveforms and video technical standards in the production environment.
Duration: 1 day.
At the end of the course, you will have:
- An awareness of the issues faced when effects are added or adjustments to pictures are made.
- The ability to read waveforms to make the best possible use of the program making system.
- The ability to identify, measure and assess potential problems.
- Be able to investigate the facilities available on your own monitor and set it up to provide useful information about your work.
This course is not a beginners course and assumes a good understanding of modern video technology. It is recommended those attending should already have knowledge equivalent to Training for TV’s Introduction to Video Course.
The topics covered will include:
- Measuring video.
- Measuring audio.
- RGB and component waveforms.
- Gamuts and illegal colours.
- Archive and the legacy of PAL.
- Setting graticules and using the picture display.
- Setting alarms and identifying issues.
- Configuring a waveform monitor.
- Technical measurements… TRS, Eye, check data. Timing and synchronisation.