Location Lighting Skills
Location Lighting is for camera operators or electrical crew who need to be able to light simple shoots. The course is both theoretical and practical and aims to develop your understanding and operational ability.
Course Duration: 5 days.
- At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Ability to specify equipment, rig and fine set lighting for single camera working on location.
- Work safely on location.
- Understand artistic requirements.
- Understand technical requirements.
- be able to work confidently on simple single camera shoots.
This is an introductory level course in terms of lighting, however, experience of production techniques and working on location is essential.
The topics covered will include:
- Introduction to location lighting equipment
- Basic portraiture and interviews 1+1 1+2
- Technical and artistic requirements of location lighting
- Colour temperature correction and use of colour media
- Grip equipment and reflective materials
- Safety on location
- Basic production planning